How do I change the look of posts?
RSS Graffiti allows you to adjust the appearance of posts being pushed to your pages in two ways. You are able to adjust the title message of posts that are pushed to facebook, and you can change the look and feel of the post’s style.
To replace or edit the title message of items that RSS Graffiti pushes to Facebook, click on the source you want to adjust. This brings up the settings window for that particular source. Clicking on the “Advanced” tab displays the options for formatting the posts’ title messages. The options are:
- No message. This displays each post without a title link.
- Same as item’s title. This displays the title as it is contained in the RSS feed
- Static text. This allows you to replace the title with your own custom text that will be the same for every post from that feed source configuration.
- Static text + item title. This allows you to append your own custom message before the title.
When you have made your decision, click the save button to return to the publishing plan dashboard.
You can also change the look and feel of posts going to a particular target. The use of this is for status updates and images. In the publishing plan dashboard, click the target you want to adjust. This brings up the settings window for that particular target. Here you are able to adjust “post style” by selecting one of the three options:
- Standard - creates posts with full attachments. Use this if you want your posts to include a media attachment such as a link, image, video, or audio clip.
- Compact - much like a standard style post, but omits the attachment name and description. This was created for use with micro-blogging services such as Twitter.
- Status Update - creates a status update. These types of posts cannot include an attachment.
When you have made your decision, click the Update Target button to save your changes. Remember, you can configure two sources to post to the same page with different style options by setting up multiple publishing plans.